Read the document BenefitsXSnapshot.sdw into
StarOffice. It is in the directory /home/nblachman/html.
- Select Save As from the file menu.
- Specify the file type as HTML (StarWriter).
- Save the file as ~/public_html/benefits.html.
- Examine your public html directory and see what files StarOffice
- Open up a terminal window by clicking on the icon
that has a terminal screen (5th from the right in KDE) or use the
terminal window that you opened up when you created the public_html directory.
- Change the current working directory to public_html, by
- See what files were created by typing
in the terminal window. You will see a
list of the most recent files created (along with lots of
other information). What files did StarOffice create (the
files with the most recent time stamps)?
- Examine the gif file with gimp, by typing "gimp" followed
by the gif filename.
- Examine your page in your browser.
- In the location window of your browser, type
to view your page, where "user" is the name you use to login
to your system.
- From the File menu in Navigator, choose the "Open Page"
from the File menu. The Open Page dialog box appears
- Click the "Choose File" button. The file browser appears.
- Navigate to your public_html directory. The name of your
html file will now appear in the Files box.
- Click on the file and
then hit the return key or click the "OK" button at the button
left of the dialog box. Then click "Open in Navigator" in the
Open Page dialog box. You should always check your
work in your browser.