In this exercise, you will copy files from your public_html directory
Check that your link appears when browse
- Check what groups you are a member.
is your login name on the system.
Check the group assigned to your department's vaweb directory.
ls -l YourDepartment
is the directory for your department's VAweb files.
Are you a member of the group that has been assigned to your
department's vaweb directory?
- If so, then copy a file and the graphics and linked files
to your department's directory, using
cp files ~vaweb/YourDepartment
Make sure to copy all files and graphics that are used in the pages
that you want to put up on VAweb.
Examine your pages in your browser. Make sure that all the
graphics appear and the hyperlinks and forms work as desired.
- In the location window of your browser, type
to view your pages.
- From the File menu in Navigator, choose the "Open Page"
from the File menu. The Open Page dialog box appears
- Click the "Choose File" button. The file browser appears.
- Navigate to your departments directory on vaweb. The name of your
html file will now appear in the Files box.
- Click on the file and
then hit the return key or click the "OK" button at the button
left of the dialog box. Then click "Open in Navigator" in the
Open Page dialog box. You should always check your
work in your browser.
- Add a hyperlink to
so that browers can access your going to the URL
and then clicking on your new link.
- Here's an example of a hyperlink.
<a href="yourFile.html">Where this link takes you</a>
Check that your link takes you to your document.