Add a background image to an html document.
- Select a background image that will enhance your penguin.html document.
Here are sites with background images:
- Position your mouse on the background and hold the right button down and
Save image as..." and save
the image file in ~/public_html/images.
- Change to your public_html directory.
- Edit the file
using your favorite editor or XEmacs
xemacs penguins.html &
- Set the BACKGROUND attribute in the BODY tag to the background image file you
<BODY BACKGROUND="imagesyourImage" BGCOLOR="yourColor">
is the background image your selected and
is the background color that should be used if someone has images
turned off in their browser preferences or images are not supported by
- Examine penguins.html in your browser.
- In the location window of your browser, type
to view your page, where "user" is the name you use to login
to your system.
- From the File menu in Navigator, choose the "Open Page"
from the File menu. The Open Page dialog box appears
- Click the "Choose File" button. The file browser appears.
- Navigate to your public_html directory. The name of your
html file will now appear in the Files box.
- Click on the file and
then hit the return key or click the "OK" button at the button
left of the dialog box. Then click "Open in Navigator" in the
Open Page dialog box. You should always check your
work in your browser.