Vary the font to make the document on GIF versus JPEG more visually interesting.
Change to your public_html directory.
- If you don't
have a copy of the file GIFvsJPEG.html, copy it from my directory.
cp ~nblachman/html/GIFvsJPEG.html ~/public_html
Using your favorite editor or XEmacs, edit
xemacs GIFvsJPEG.html &
Add font tags. Use at least one change each of font face,
size, and color. Here are some suggestions for things to try:
Save the file.
Examine your page in your browser.
- Create an enlarged first letter in each paragraph (a drop
cap) by using a different, larger font face around the first
letter of the each paragraph.
- Substitute a larger, sans serif font face in a different
color for a headline tag.
- In the location window of your browser, type
to view your page, where "user" is the name you use to login
to your system.
- From the File menu in Navigator, choose the "Open Page"
from the File menu. The Open Page dialog box appears
- Click the "Choose File" button. The file browser appears.
- Navigate to your public_html directory. The name of your
html file will now appear in the Files box.
- Click on the file and
then hit the return key or click the "OK" button at the button
left of the dialog box. Then click "Open in Navigator" in the
Open Page dialog box. You should always check your
work in your browser.