Add font changes to add more emphasis to certain words or phrases and
to make the document more legible and visually appealing.
Change directories to ~/public_html
to your public_html directory.
cp ~nblachman/html/GIFvsJPEG.html ~/public_html
Edit the file using your favorite editor or XEmacs. To use XEmacs, type
xemacs GIFvsJPEG.html &
Save your exercise file.
Examine your page in your browser.
- Add paragraph, line breaks, and horizontal rules wherever you think they're needed.
- Add some text formatting tags to improve the page's visual
appeal and to pinpoint important words and phrases.
- In the location window of your browser, type
to view your page, where "user" is the name you use to login
to your system.
- From the File menu in Navigator, choose the "Open Page"
from the File menu. The Open Page dialog box appears
- Click the "Choose File" button. The file browser appears.
- Navigate to your public_html directory. The name of your
html file will now appear in the Files box.
- Click on the file and
then hit the return key or click the "OK" button at the button
left of the dialog box. Then click "Open in Navigator" in the
Open Page dialog box. You should always check your
work in your browser.